United Bank for Africa (UBA) PLC is a leading pan-African financial services institution with a global footprint. We have a clear purpose to be a role model for African businesses by creating superior value for all our stakeholders.
UBA has a large footprint across the globe operating in 20 African countries: Republique du Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroun, Congo Brazzaville, Congo DRC, Cote d’Ivoire, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Tchad, Uganda, and Zambia. The Bank also operates in the United Kingdom, the United States of America, and with a presence in Paris.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Service Support Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Permanent
- We are looking for a candidate with a service mind-set to manage and resolve all service complaints. Our ideal candidate must be customer-focused and result-oriented with at least 2 year’s related experience.
Job Objective (s)
- To provide answers to service questions and provide additional support where needed. Manage and ensure all service complaints lodged are resolved within stipulated TAT. The Service Support Officer is also required to collate Corporate Services operations data, analyze it and proffer improvements to processes.
- Resolve service problems by clarifying customer’s complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction.
- Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication.
- Handle complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits and follow up to ensure resolution.
- Handle changes in policies or renewals.
- Resolve customer complaints via phone, email, or social media.
- Monitor requests and complaints on customer request applications to ensure all requests/complaints are resolved within stipulated TAT.
- Recommend potential services by collecting customer information and analysing customer needs.
- Prepare product or service reports by collecting and analysing customer information.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- First Degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized university
- 2 years related experience.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Proven customer support experience.
- Knowledge of functions of different roles within Corporate Services.
- Track record of over-achieving quota.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Good communication skills.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Judgment & decision making skills.
- Complex problem solving skills.
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening.
- Familiarity with CRM systems and practices.
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters.
- Excellent data analytics skills.
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 11th March, 2022.