CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sexual Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR) Sector Manager
Employment Type: Contract
- CARE is seeking a SRHR Sector Manager to set up related programming and operations, as well as to serve as CARE’s representative for all SRHR-related activities within the UN system, the Ministry of Health and with other partners
- The purpose of the position is to provide technical leadership and ensure CARE’s programmatic expertise in SRHR (and particularly in crisis-affected settings) is translated to the Northern Nigeria context and that initial set-up of SRHR programming includes quality technical and operational foundations.
- The SRHR Manager is expected to facilitate development of quality, gender-sensitive, accountable, and impact-focus SRHR interventions in Nigeria. This includes provision of technical advice, capacity building of CARE staff and partners, as well as influencing policy and practice through analysis and advocacy with various stakeholders
- The position will be based in Maiduguri and reports to the Program Director.
- Information gathering, assessments, analysis and monitoring
- Partnership and capacity-building
- Coordination, representation, advocacy and Learning
- Program and strategies development support
- Monitoring, evaluation, accountability and reporting
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, Gender and Development Studies or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5 – 7 years supporting health interventions in crisis-affected settings with a physical presence in insecure environments
- Fluency in English with professional-level writing capacity
- Prior experience in INGOs working environment/system will be a strong asset
- Excellent written, oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Proficient analytical skills that demonstrate an understanding of the current concepts, priorities, and issues in programme monitoring, data collection and evaluation, highly desired.
- At least one year of support to an acute humanitarian crisis, especially large multi-sectoral projects, designing and appraising proposals and actively liaising with relevant and potential project partners
- Must possess skills in technical proposal writing, designing and implementing food security programmes
- Experience in coordinating and engaging with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated knowledge of gender issues in development, particularly GBV, including relevant international human rights standards
- Must possess knowledge of human rights, especially sexual reproductive rights and ability to apply human rights-based approach in programming
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 11th June, 2021.