International Breweries Plc – Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients.
Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Shared Site Training Controller – I
Job ID: 30014628
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Type: Full-time
- The key purpose of this role is to provide a specialized and effective training and development service & solution to the Brewing team, focusing on skills acquisition and performance. Ensure a pipeline for apprentices and technical trainees is in place and budgeted and ensure the skills development plan has a budget to support.
Key Outputs and Responsibilities
Initiate the Training and Development Process:
- Get relevant input for training buckets, this is taking from Team room discussions, ITF, Annual Training Plan, and all other problem-solving discussion i.e. 5Why’s, abnormality reports, walk about.
- Collaborate with People Manager and VPO Manager regarding activities on site.
- Engage with L&D Specialist regarding suitable solutions where the training solution does not exist/not part of the Annual Training Calendar.
- Consolidate departmental training needs by reviewing L&D inputs e.g. PDP as input to the annual LNA / budgeting process.
Prepare for training:
- Coordinate the logistics of the required training and ensure relevant presenters & candidates are present and available.
- Request Purchase Order requests from the NOCC L&D Services team for external training as per the signed off LNA.
- Obtain approval from Zone L&D Specialist for costs not included in the LNA.
Implement the learning process:
- Effective use of SOP’s
- Implement the 8 step SOP process
- Ensure all training registers and events are recorded via NOCC L&D Services
- Adapt training programme to meet the needs of the team / plant / audience i.e. run 2days programme over a two-week period with short intervals
- Conducts a quality assurance of Visual Boards by engaging with Line Managers / HOD’s
- (Execution of the SOP’s are relevant and effective, use the as training aid), track and check whether people are people being trained against SOP, identify gaps in SOP and ensure Line Manager updates the SOP document)
- Draw on the expertise of SME’s to run learning programmes
- Ensure all training completed is captured in Training Bucket and registers are completed
Evaluate the effectiveness of training and develop ROI report:
- Complete the Level 1 evaluations for formal classroom training, analyse the results and develop actions that will improve training effectiveness
Monitor and Support SKAP:
- Assist Line Manager to develop annual SKAP plan for teams
- Monitor weekly / monthly adherence to plan
- Support Line Manager to schedule formative and summative assessments
- Identify SME Assessors and ensure an adequate pool of assessors in the plant
- Administration of SKAP Management system by ensuring information is accurate (Line Manager captures the assessment result, TC quality assures)
Drive competence of future pipeline feeders:
- Conduct monthly check in with trainee to identify opportunities for trainee to attend training as per the planned training bucket
- (Line Manager responsible to report on progress, driving the trainee programme progress)
- Apprentices: Ensure Apprentice training solutions are included in the training bucket, identify opportunities for apprentice to attend training as per the planned training bucket
- Learnerships: Coordinate of the Learnership Programme
- Department coordination of any ABInBev training requirements (i.e.VPO etc)
Training progress reported, action plans in place to address gaps:
- Ensure the relevant KPI’s are reported against weekly and monthly routines
- Communicate and share with relevant stakeholders on site
Qualifications & Experience:
- BSc or HND in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Relevant Technical Qualification / Diploma Desirable but not Essential
- Learning & Development Practitioner Tertiary Qualification
- 3-5 years in a Brewing / Packaging/Maintenance environment
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Positive attitude with high energy levels.
- Ability to operate independently, demonstrate initiative, sound judgment, sensitivity and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Good business acumen with a professional approach.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated with strong self-management bias.
- Team player with ability to influence and communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work under pressure, yet maintaining high attention to detail.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements.
- We are a company that promotes gender equality. Internal applicants require Line manager approval.
- Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for shortlisting
Application Deadline 6th June, 2022.