Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: SMC Finance Support Staff
Locations: Jigawa, Kano, Niger, Kaduna, Plateau, Sokoto, Kebbi, Bauchi, Kogi and Nasarawa
Duration: June to Dec 2021.
- Malaria Consortium requires qualified Finance support Staff who will provide technical support during the 2021 SMC MDA campaign in Jigawa, Kano, Niger, Katsina, Kaduna, Plateau, Sokoto, Kebbi, Bauchi, Kogi and Nasarawa State.
- The finance support Staff is to successfully carry out payments to the implementation team in the state for the period June to December, 2021 by ensuring all participant lists and bank account provided are correct and valid, names in payment schedules provided to finance tally with the data base. One TA will be recruited to support payment each cluster of LGAs with 2,000 – 2,500 distribution personnel to be paid.
Role of Finance Support Staff
- Prepare the account documents for each payment using the approved financial template, payment sheets and guidelines as trained.
- Review of attendance list with database and payment cards for the State SMC Coordinator for review through the State SMC Finance Officer.
- Ensure proper documentation and filing of all finance documents.
- Prepare the payment schedule for each cycle using the harmonized list. Get the harmonized list signed off by the Director PHC or his designee as per LGA cluster assigned.
- Work with the LGA Field officers and Cluster Supervisors to resolve all failed payments and wrong account details.
- Prepare payment schedules per ward of 3 and submit to Finance Officer for payment, ensure that they are accurate, no double / third party payment included and that the right people are being paid.
- Supervise the issue of LMT codes to participants in the bank and LGA pay points.
- Ensure all expenditures are well receipted and/or properly documented following MC guidelines, policies and Finance contingency plan.
- Perform any other assignments as may be assigned by the State Finance Officers.
- Participants and facilitators are paid in accordance with the approved program budget and guidelines/policies.
- All databases are up to date for categories of personnel paid.
- Proper filing of all finance documents.
- Payment schedules of all participants are filed.
- Participants in the clusters assigned are paid and all complaints resolved.
Timing of Consultancy:
- Maximum of 15 days in June, 10 days in July, 10 days in August, 10 days in September, 10 days in October, and 10 days in November / December 2021.
- A graduate preferably with a degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or any social science course
- Exceptional attention to details and accuracy
- Ability to work independently in an organized manner but within an integrated team.
- Computer literate preferably at intermediate level – use of Excel and Word
- Excellent numeracy, written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates who are passionate and willing to contribute towards the achievement of our goals should kindly send their CV to: [email protected]
Click Here to Fill Application Form
- Subject of the mail: Please indicate position applied for including the preferred state as the subject title of your email application. e.g SMC Finance Support- Nasarawa state.
- Kindly note that applicants who do not follow this specification, will be disqualified.
- All application should be sent in on or before 11:59am Tuesday, 8th June, 2021.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Malaria Consortium does not accept or ask for payment during recruitment. We also would not accept hardcopy CVs; all applications should be sent through the above email address
Application Deadline 8th June, 2021.