Gomoney is a digital bank dedicated to simplifying banking for everyone and contributing to a future where everyone is in control of their money. With tools to split, schedule, send, receive and track payments, users have the tools for better transaction processes and better understanding of their spending habits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Engineering Manager
Location: Lagos (Remote)
Employment Type: Full Term
- We’re hiring an engineering manager who is talented, passionate and product minded. Join us If You:
- Have a relentless drive to create a product that solves genuine customer needs
- Have a track record of leading high performing, productive engineering teams.
- We work in project-based sprints in small, interdisciplinary teams. We have big dreams. There are many interesting challenges ahead, and we’re happy for people to build new skills, specialize or move between teams.
About this Role
- You would take ownership of the entire engineering team by ensuring the supervision and up-skilling of junior software engineers to senior engineers.
What Will You Do?
- Lead a team of high performing software engineers
- Take accountability for technical delivery in the team, collaborating with the product manager and technical lead.
- Actively foster a high bar for engineering excellence within the team.
- Support, coach and develop engineers in their career through regular 1:1s and continuous feedback.
- Lead on communication with stakeholders from other teams, creating focus space for engineers to do their best work.
- Collaborate with other engineering managers, and other engineering leaders to contribute to company-wide best practices and standards.
What We Are Looking For?
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both in writing and verbally.
- Comfort operating with ambiguous problem areas with a high degree of autonomy
- The ability to input, understand and challenge engineering decisions – but to empower the team to make those decisions themselves.
- Understanding of what good looks like for a high-performing team of engineers and ability to chart a course to get there.
- An ability to coach people to achieve their goals.
- A natural ability to inspire and motivate a team.
- A high degree of empathy, and a drive to create an inclusive team environment.
- Effectively hired and structured an engineering team.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply