IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialist, Power Project
Loaction: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time · Associate
About the Job
- We are currently recruiting for a Specialist, Power Project who will ensure grid power is functional across connected sites and coordinate internal and external efforts to connect new sites.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Identify sites with high grid availability and low connection costs and other opportunities for the connection to landlord or community power supply.
- Monitor grid availability on connected sites, track grid utilization and ensure that all related Opex reductions are intact.
- Ensure all grid sites are remotely monitored and derive the resolution of the RMS disconnection with the telemetry team.
- Ensure meters on grid-powered sites are recharged and invoices are paid on time to prevent disconnection.
- Validate BOQs and process vendors’ invoices.
- Work with the regional team to ensure that Job Completion Certificates (JCCs) are documented and signed off by vendors for completed work.
- Promote communication between colleagues for the benefit of information flow and to curb any problems that may arise.
- Prepare and submit reports to the Manager, Diesel and Asset Control on all matters pertaining to job area.
- Manage relationships with partners/ vendors/ DisCos
- Coordinate and facilitate delivery of project objectives related to grid connections.
- Track progress and review project tasks to ensure deadlines are met.
- Proactively communicate project status, issues and risks to the Manager, Diesel and Asset Control.
- Update and maintain database of all sites connected to the grid.
- Ensure timely resolution of escalations related to grid-powered sites by following up with the responsible party (Grid vendor, DisCos, IHS SBCs , IHS Regional OPS staff)
- Facilitate and coordinate access reference requests from vendors to the NOC team and ensure job work orders are approved by the relevant stakeholders.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by Manager, Diesel and Asset Control.
Experience & Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Telecoms Engineering or any relevant discipline.
- 5 years plus relevant experience in the telecoms industry.
- Be Bold
- Customer Focus
- Project Management
- Service Level Management
- Logistics Management
- Database Management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Please apply with an updated Resume / CV
Application Deadline 2nd September, 2021.