Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Team Lead
Job ref.: 210000YF
Title: ANRiN State Team Lead
Post Type: National
Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Level 3 – The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- Support the implementation of high-quality nutrition project in the State, ensuring national protocols and agreed strategies are followed.
- Lead on the implementation of the high-quality nutrition project in his / her State, according to agreed workplans and budgets in order to meet targets outlined in the contract.
Scope of Role:
- Reports to: Director Programme Operations
- Staff directly reporting to this post: 3 – 5
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Manage the implementation of the programme in his / her State according to the agreed strategy, workplans and budgets.
- Ensure the programme meets or exceeds agreed targets set for the State by reviewing programme performance data and programme management arrangements on a regular basis, identifying and agreeing residual actions and mitigation strategies.
- Work closely with the LGA and State Government to efficiently meet deliverables.
- Ensure strong budget management and compliance to donor’s requirements, enabling the project to demonstrate value for money to the donor.
- Ensure that the State project team is appropriately staffed and trained.
- Ensure programme implementation demonstrates high levels of commitment to Save the Children and our vision, mission and values in order to ensure the objectives of your role and the country programme are met.
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all Save the Children resources and ensure safety in the workplace.
- Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s Policies (including Chid Safeguarding and Fraud) to ensure maximum protection for children.
- Identify and effectively manage all key risks related to the programme especially in relations to the performance pay clause.
- Ensure the production of timely high State level quality reports and documentation both to meet donor and internal demands.
- Ensure good relationship and coordination with the other NSA implementing the project in the State.
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant health and nutrition partners at the State level.
- Work in collaboration with other Save the Children implemented projects in the State.
- Ensure accountability mechanisms are in place for operating under WB’s commercial arrangements including contract compliance considerations.
- Inspire, lead and motivate state programme teams to deliver on programme objectives.
Skills & Experience
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field (e.g., Nutrition, Medicine, Sociology, MBA);
- At least 5 years of experience managing development projects in Nigeria or similar context, with a strong focus on field implementation.
- Strong communication, and interpersonal skills in English, with substantial experience in managing multicultural teams
- Prior experience of delivering large scale (in excess of USD5m) health or nutrition programmes.
- Demonstrable track record of meeting or exceeding programme targets, while maintaining technical quality.
- Experience in management of finance and budget monitoring and risk management.
- Proven ability to motivate and develop others
- Highly diplomatic and emotionally intelligent with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience of building, leading and developing a team of senior staff with different backgrounds and expertise
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
- Demonstrated experience of working with national and / or State level government structures to strengthen the capacities.
- Demonstrated experience of supporting procurement and management of supplies
- Self-motivated and results orientated.
- Highly numerically articulate with a track record of data manipulation and use of spreadsheets and reporting systems.
- Experience managing projects with a focus on behaviour change would be an asset.
- Experience on donor-funded projects.
- Ability to coach and mentor multi-sectoral partners
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin and value for money systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 17th February, 2021.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter