MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Structured Cabling Engineer
Location: Saka, Lagos
Job Type: Permanent
- Ensure scalable structured cabling solutions throughout Exclusive & Leased POP’s and Data Center space according TIA942 standard for both internal projects and customer related project
- Conduct and Approve surveys for Cabling activities of the Exclusive & Leased POP’s
- Prepare project timelines, track budgets and provide detailed weekly status reports.
- Direct emergency restoration and mitigation activities required for the Exclusive & Leased POP’s and Data Center network, which include Transmission & IP Cabling, fiber optic cut and other fibre failure
- Validate and proof cabling deliverables and executable design documentation.
- Supervise and manage contractors on site for cable run activities.
- Keep and Provide up-to-date documentation of Transmission, IP & Optic Fibre infrastructure in the network.
- Plan and design the demarc points locations for customer Transmission, IP & fibre connection.
- Cross-check and ensure up-to date drawing of Exclusive & Leased POP’s on Transmission, IP & fibre network.
- Supervise Cabling activities of the Exclusive & Leased POP’s on Transmission, IP & fibre network maintenance contractor and ensure stipulated SLAs with customers are met.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- HND / First Degree in any Engineering or related fields
- Sound background in structured cabling
- Proficiency in MS Project/Auto-CAD and Visio
- Minimum of 4 years of experience
- Knowledge & experience with the installation and termination of cables
Demands of the Job:
- Ability and willingness to work round the clock when required.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply