The North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria – An International Development Organization is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: STTA Community Mobilization Officer
Number of Positions: (1) Bassa (1) Mangu
Contract Term: Short Time
- The STTA Community Mobilization Officer (CMO) is responsible for grass-roots development of project concepts and activity submissions.
- The STTA Community Mobilization Officer will interact with community groups, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), community-based organizations (CBOs), associations and other groups in project communities.
- The STTA Community Mobilization Officer will work with groups to develop activity ideas and summaries, refine project, assist in the creation and negotiation of budgets, as well as be the primary field oversight for ongoing activities. This position will be based at Bassa and Mangu LGA of Plateau State.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The STTA Community Mobilization Officer reports to the STTA Project Manager PPBA and NERI Program Manager.
Primary Responsibilities and Deliverables
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Identify potential activities at the community level for project support.
- Work with the STTA Project Manager (PM) PPBA and NERI Program Manager team, develop project ideas identified for support.
- Work with Program, M&E and Grants teams to create and maintain project trackers.
- Support review of final Evaluation Reports and grant closing.
- Attend focus groups to derive lessons learned to inform future project activities.
- Assist in the development of activity ideas based on information collected in the field.
- Facilitate linkages between communities as needed.
- Work with community organizations to budget and prepare logistics activities
- Monitor and report on routine program operational activities and scheduled program events, reporting activity summaries to the STTA Project Manager and NERI Program Manager
- Work with staff to ensure project attendance at local events.
- Collect information on program activities, including beneficiary targets.
- Any other duties suitable to task and commensurate with ability.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma required, University degree in Political Science, International Affairs or other related Social Sciences field is preferred.
- Proficient at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent record-keeping and documentation skills are required.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in North Eastern part of Nigeria is required.
- Three years of general work experience with at least two years of related experience is required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills is required.
- Prior experience with international organizations or international-funded projects is highly desirable.
- Problem-solving, stress management and time management skills are required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should submit the following documents to: [email protected]
- A current resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing all work experience and qualifications; AND
- A cover letter
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Please reference the “Job title and location” on the subject line, your cover letter and resume / CV
Application Deadline 5th December, 2020.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter