The North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria – An International Development Organization is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: STTA Logistics Officer
Number of Positions: (1) Bassa & Mangu
Contract Term: Short Time
- The STTA Logistics Officer is responsible for supporting operations in all activities at the state office in Jos and Bassa / Mangu.
- The STTA Logistics Officer will support a range of operational duties than span from maintaining inventory and ensuring compliance to the operational policies. This position will be based in Jos, Plateau State.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The STTA Logistics Officer will report to the STTA Project Manager in Plateau State.
Primary Responsibilities and Deliverables
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure that office operational policies are followed and compliant with policies.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory and coordinating compliance with project and donor policies.
- Travel as needed to LGA districts to monitor inventory and logistics
- Coordinate and maintain the office fleet management and efficient use of project vehicles and other transport services in support of program objectives
- Coordinate travel bookings for the state office – flights, hotel, airport pick up/drop off
- Arranging regular maintenance of electrical equipment and safety devices
- Assist with office operations and procedures; managing the filing systems; supply requisitions (stationery, utility payments).
- Supervise support staff (i.e. cleaners, drivers, security guards, etc.)
- Co-ordination and maintenance of systems related to Housekeeping.
- Perform other tasks, as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma is required while a University degree in a related field is preferred.
- Strong ability to use and develop management and tracking systems.
- Strong communication skills
- Fluency in English, as well as one or more of the local state languages in the North-Eastern part of Nigeria, is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of general work experience with at least 2 years of related experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging and complicated logistical issues.
- Experience with budgeting and cost analysis.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should submit the following documents to: [email protected]
- A current resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing all work experience and qualifications; AND
- A cover letter
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Please reference the “Job title and location” on the subject line, your cover letter and resume / CV
Application Deadline 5th December, 2020.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter