Subject Teachers Opening at a Startup Educational Institution
Great Career Consult – Our client, a startup Educational institution, situated in Lagos State, has a need to fill the vacant position below in their brand new junior and senior secondary school:
Job Title: Subject Teacher
- Subject teachers are enthusiastic young teachers who are keen to develop their teaching practice in an exciting, excellence focused environment. They will be passionate for the job with the ability to inspire young learners to fulfill their potential and create a relationship of mutual trust.
- The goal is to help cultivate the students’ interest in education and be their dedicated ally in the entire process of learning and development.
- Create, monitor and sustain a disciplined school culture of high academic and behavioral standards.
- Provide structure in the classroom by developing and reinforcing school-wide rules and expectations.
- Provide individualized instruction to each student by promoting interactive learning.
- Plan and execute educational in-class and outdoor activities and events.
- Document all syllabi, lesson plans, assignments, rubrics, and other instructional materials and methods.
- Present lessons in a comprehensive manner and use visual/audio means to facilitates learning.
- Develop and enrich professional skills and knowledge by attending seminars and conferences.
- Evaluate academic achievement through detailed data analysis of student performance.
- Develop and maintain positive, strong classroom culture.
- Communicate effectively and maintain strong relationships with students, families, and colleagues.
- Assume personal responsibility for the academic progress of all students.
- Use consistent school-wide practices and individualized methods to engage students in the classroom.
- The ideal candidates must have minimum tertiary qualification of NCE in any discipline.
- They must have basic level of computer literacy.
- TRCN registration certificate is optional but would be an added advantage.
Skills and Requirements:
- Communication Skills: You must be able to speak clearly to students, other teachers, parents and administration officials.
- Instruction Skills: You will have to explain new ideas and unfamiliar concepts with authority and in a clear and concise way so that students can understand. You must work to keep the students’ attention
- Writing Skills: Teachers write progress reports, notes home, and in the case of postsecondary teachers, publish research. Writing skills are critical.
- Patience: The students you work with will have different backgrounds and abilities. Patience will help teachers deal with students who act out or have trouble following the material.
- Creativity: Teachers have to find ways to involve students into their lessons. Additionally, teachers may have to work with different learning styles to get the most out of each student.
- People Skills: Engaging parents and creating healthy relationships with students and faculty will help create a quality learning environment.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected] (using “School Educator” as subject of the mail).
- CV’s should be in MS Word format and any applicant who applies more than once for this job post will be disqualified automatically
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after review of applications.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter