EnergiHub – Our client, an International Drilling Contractor operating in Nigeria and West Africa, is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Subsea Engineer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job type: Full-time
Overview / Responsibilities
- Our client has an immediate opportunity for a Subsea Engineer to join the Subsea Project Team based in Nigeria.
- The candidate should demonstrate high-level of professional knowledge and skills in the subsea sector and able to deliver for our client’s assets in Nigeria.
- Responsible for the performance of all marine related subsea and surface well control, and associated, equipment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Capable of fully understanding, operating, maintaining and troubleshooting all aspects of the BOP control system, including at least the basics of the electrical components.
- Ensures that all components of the BOP Stack Assembly and Marine Riser System have been thoroughly cleaned, inspected, serviced, repaired and tested as required before use.
- Ensures that all well control or marine related subsea and surface support equipment such as running, retrieving and testing tools, subsea TV system and any other equipment associated with the subsea stack and surface well control equipment have been thoroughly inspected, serviced, repaired, function and/or pressure tested as applicable before running or connecting.
- Troubleshoots as necessary all subsea and surface equipment operating problems and advises the RMS, on the safest and most efficient means of solving the problem.
- Witnesses all pressure tests and latch up and weight set tests on subsea and/or completion equipment to ensure that all tests are safely carried out within the limitations of the equipment being tested or connected.
- Is responsible for ensuring that the entire riser tensioning system is thoroughly inspected, serviced, repaired and tested before use and also that the pressures in use are applicable to the current well and situation.
- Is responsible for providing information in a timely manner to carry out a riser analysis for each well.
- Troubleshoots, as necessary, any operating problems with the Compensator systems and ensures that all maintenance procedures are properly carried out as and when they are due.
- Advises and recommends on the minimum and maximum spare part stock levels for equipment and assists the storekeeper with the ordering and safe storage of such replacement parts.
- Monitors the inventory of all subsea critical spare parts together with all oils, fluids and gasses required for subsea operations.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of the latest innovations and techniques in subsea equipment usage and appraises the rig superintendent and the subsea superintendent of any findings which may benefit the operations.
- Maintains accurate maintenance and repair history files for all of equipments , together with a daily log of all observations regarding the operation of the subsea department.
- Maintains the internal / external preservation, lubrication, appearance and records of all subsea equipment that is in surface storage and not in use.
- Maintains up to date files of all the applicable subsea and surface equipment’s which includes, but is not limited to, blueprints, drawings, dimensions, specifications, catalogues, spare part booklets, plus pertinent measurements of subsea equipment in all assembled and or operating positions.
- Carries out, or witnesses, measurements of operator provided subsea equipment in a timely manner before running to ensure that it is compatible with the other equipment that it is to be fitted to, joined with or run with and advises the rig superintendent of any complications that might occur with using the equipment.
- Participates in the Safety Training Observation Program (S.T.O.P) and weekly safety and operational meetings.
- Develops and implements Job Safety Analyses and prepares risk assessments as required.
- Reports all hazards and communicates ideas for enhancing safety standards.
- Performs all duties in accordance with the Permit to Work System.
- Acts as a member of an emergency team in the event of a fire or other emergency; participates in meetings and drills as a member of an emergency team.
- Performs other duties and special projects as requested by management.
Education and Training
- Completion of Diploma / Degree in Engineering or educational equivalent from an accredited technical school, or institute is preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years onboard a Drilling Vessel, with a minimum of 5 years as Subsea Engineer.
- Completion of all training and certification requirements is mandatory. These will vary by unit location according to local requirements and regulations. Specific unit requirements will be found in local job specification procedures and guidelines.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Effective team working skills.
- Physically capable of being transported to an offshore rig by boat or helicopter.
- Must be capable of working in a confined marine environment.
- Be able to maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined in the employer’s sole discretion.
- Be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as the employer determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
- Physically capable of performing emergency procedures including evacuations, fire drills, and other emergencies.
- Must have excellent conflict resolution skills and be able to diplomatically handle confrontation.
- Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the employer’s safety policies and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
Basic Training Requirements:
- BFF – Basic fire fighting
- EFA – Elementary First Aid
- Lubrication Fundamentals
- PST – Personal Survival Training
- Slinging & Rigging
- Well Control.
- Environmental Awareness
- HUET – Helicopter Underwater Escape / BOSIET
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a full CV together with a supporting certification, to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the e-mail.
Note: Successful candidates may be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor
Application Deadline 14th August, 2021.