Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Assistant
Job ID: 210000OX
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Team: Development Programme
Post Type: National
Level 3: The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- The Supply Chain Assistant is responsible for supporting the management of vehicle fleet, assets, communications and procurement to ensure effective, transparent and accountable Supply Chain support to the Save the Children Programs in Oyo
- Liason with program teams to ensure adequate Supply Chain consideration for coordination and planning of program implementation
- Provide technical support and guidance to program teams on Supply Chain elements of distribution & procurement planning.
Scope of Role:
- Reports to: Procurement and Logistics Manager
- Staff directly reporting to this post: 2 Drivers
Key Areas of Accountability
Procurement and Supply:
- Manage procurement requirements of the Field Office; implement procurement as per approved guidelines, procedures and forms (Purchase Requests, Purchase Orders, Goods Received Notes, etc.)
- Check the availability and prices of requested items in the local market; liaise with capital office if procurement must be conducted there
- Monitor procurement and Supply Chain support costs in liaison with the Field Accountant to ensure that expenditures remain within approved budgets
- Ensure the office is well stocked with necessary supplies stationeries and other consumables
- All arrangements for meetings and conferences as required ensuring these are delivered to a high Oversee quality and cost effectively
- Prepare a weekly summary of all outstanding purchase requisitions, showing the current status of the items and the date which they are expected to be supplied to the projects
- Prepare monthly summary reports on the procurement and Supply Chain support functions, identifying problems in operations and solutions proposed
Warehousing and Inventory Management:
- Acknowledge reception of items in good order and condition
- Count and record the quantity on appropriate documentation
- Cross-check quantities and quality in accordance with delivery documents and planned reception
- Supervise loading and offloading of delivery and distribution trucks
- Update warehouse operation data into the Warehouse management software (TIM)
- Preparation of weekly / monthly consumption report
- Conduct of cyclic counts and inventories in accordance to project schedule
- Planning of the needs and requisition of re-supplies
- Check and maintain Store security measures, e.g. locks, windows, and maintain SCI key management policy.
- Report to the line manager / security responsible in case of problems
- Ensure proper storage of commodities in shelves or pallets not to exceed maximum stack heights
- Ensure organization of the items by type, shipment, FEFO & FIFO.
- Keep clean the store and secure stocks
- Ensure pest control is in place and monitored on a daily basis
- Separate infested stocks from good stock
- Enter all data into stock and bin cards
- Monitoring of stock levels at the health facilities
- Receiving and collation of monthly LMIS reports from health facilities
- Shelf life monitoring for health commodities
- Daily update of movements of commodities in/out of the store
- Participate in Monitoring and Supporting supervision at health facilities
Transport & Fleet:
- Ensure that SCI and Hired vehicles are checked on a daily basis, and that regular service and maintenance is carried out as per agreed schedule
- Responsible for tracking of all vehicles on the fleet, including movement planning and day-to-day allocation
- Receive travel requests, and maintain trip schedules and Staff Movement Board.
- Coordinate with incoming and outgoing travelers on pick up an drop times ensuring drivers are briefed of movement plans
- Ensure accommodation is arranged for travelers. Ensure best value for money and that travelers are clearly informed well in advance.
- Ensure vehicles have current and lawful documentation.
- Manage service agreements related to vehicle maintenance and fuelling. Monitor fuel consumption and submit monthly reports
- Maintaining up-to-date control of all assets including tracking donor, value, and location, managing staff issue, and recording all asset movements and disposals
- Oversee the issuance and return of assets to/from staff
- Ensure good condition of assets, and maintain asset condition reports.
- Report any defective communication equipment or service and check on running costs with Finance to ensure no misuse occurs.
- Ensure the data network (internet) is operational and cost effective. Report any defective IT or office equipment to the Field Team Lead or Abuja IT Department.
- Ensure leased properties are in good habitable conditions. Overseeing repairs on these houses, liaising with the caretaker and landlord where necessary.
- Establish and maintain a list of contact details for preferred service providers including carpenters, electricians, plumbers, generator servicers and builders and make this list available to staff.
Communication and Security:
- Ensure adherence to communication protocol at field level.
- Ensure that all communication systems in Field Office are maintained and staff trained in their proper and effective use
- Report all security incidents in writing in a timely manner
- Ensure that all equipment and supplies in Field Office are maintained in a safe and secure manner.
Administration & Reports:
- Maintain all Supply Chain files in an organized, accurate and up to date manner; develop shared electronic & manual files to ensure easy access to information.
- Line manage, coordinate, monitor and guide the work of the drivers any other Supply Chain support staff by managing performance on an on-going basis
- Update the vehicle cost schedule and produce regular vehicle performance and cost reports and send to capital office once per month.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, code of conduct, fraud, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies
- Work in close collaboration with the finance and administration departments to ensure effective operations and strong team spirit
- Produce weekly procurement tracker and send to Procurement and Logistics Manager
- Produce Supply Chain site report, stock status report, vehicle and generator cost performance report.
- Update Asset Register and send to capital office every month
- Carry out any other tasks required by the line manager.
Skills and Behaviours (Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
Skills and Experience
Administrative & General Skills:
- Level of Education – Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics/Procurement, Supply Chain Management ,Business, Health Logistics Related Field
- Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level – Excellent
- Language Requirements – English – Excellent
- Level of IT Expertise Required – Good
- Desired Number of Years Prior Experience in a Similar Role – 1 year
- Experience in procurement and Supply Chain with INGO, Government or private institution
- Experience in health supply chain management is desirable
- Experience in a relatively insecure field based environment
- Ability and willingness to travel to projects and stay in basic conditions when necessary
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 2nd June, 2021.