Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. The Foundation has been helping children in need for over 50 years, defending their rights regardless of their race, creed or political affiliation. In over 30 countries, Tdh protects children against exploitation and violence, improves children’s and their mother’s health, and provides emergency psychological and material support in humanitarian crises.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Logistics Manager
Contract Duration: 9 months
General Description of the Position
- Under the supervision of the Logistics Manager, the Supply Chain Officer is responsible for the timely and efficient procurement of goods and supplies at the delegation-level
- S/he is also committed to the management, respect, compliance, and efficient implementation of all related policies, rules, procedures, tools, and good practices.
- S/He works in complete line with the project strategy defined for the intervention and her/his responsibilities embrace:
- Procurement management
- Team management
- Reporting / Communication
Key Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to)
- Ensure to carry-out local market surveys to ensure full knowledge and analysis of the purchasing environment (availability of goods / services, prices, etc.)
- Update price lists and suppliers’ database
- Ensure to prepare pre-established frameworks agreements (FWAs) and Pre-Qualified Supplier (PQS) lists and carry out comparative bid analysis and PO processes regularly
- Implement processes to streamline repetitive procurement of goods/services to increase competitive tendering and internal processes
- Participate in the preparation of the procurement plans, and the launch of tender procedures
- Provides planning support and advice to procurement requesters, and maintains a continuous overview of supply needs by providing updated procurement plans
- Ensure that purchase files are complete in compliance with Tdh procedures
- Ensure a proper filing system of all procurement files and documents (hard and soft)
- Ensure regular training of procurement requesters to guarantee a better understanding and application of the procurement policies and procedures
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with suppliers
- Evaluate performances of suppliers once a year
- Ensure the follow-up of the contracts and their renewal on time if applicable.
- Verify Purchase and Services Requests (PSR) ensuring all required information is provided and ensuring that approval rules and procedures are observed before submission to her/his line manager for validation
- Ensure the preparation of the purchasing documents in compliance with Tdh procurement procedures
- Manage the procurement process in an efficient and cost-effective manner
- Ensure that goods/services procured match with the requesters’ specifications and are of good quality, value for money, and delivered on time
- Ensure that all documents collected from the supplier as well as internal documents are properly completed and in compliance with Tdh procedures before submission to the authorized signatories and the payment by the finance department
- Manage the team under supervision with integrity and foresight to ensure that the highest standards of accountability and professionalism are met and maintained
- Coordinate, plan, and supervise the work of the team under the supervision
- Support the team under supervision and propose capacity building and training when required
- Appraise the team under the direct supervision.
Reporting / Communication:
- Report regularly to her/his line manager related information on work progress
- Organize weekly meetings with budget holders for procurement updates
- Assist her/his line manager during internal/external audits
- Take part in meetings relating to logistics aspects
- Report to her/his line manager any alerts of non-compliance with Tdh logistics processes or policies.
- Send weekly the updated procurement follow-up to the budget holders
- Provide the monthly logistics reports on time to her/line manager (PSR follow-up, contract follow-up, construction tracker)
- Agree to comply with Tdh Code of Conduct and promote the Child Safeguarding policy
- Report serious cases of abuse on children that she/he would be aware of in Tdh’s intervention locations. Strict confidentiality must be respected
- Adhere to and enforce current administrative and logistical regulations and procedures
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and levels of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Experience / Competencies:
- A relevant University Degree or professional qualification in Procurement or equivalent – can be compensated with experience (at the discretion of the recruitment team)
- Advanced IT knowledge: Microsoft Office particularly Excel, Outlook, Internet
- Proven experience in team management and capacity building
- Experience working with NGOs (Non-governmental Organizations) is an advantage.
- Minimum of 2 year experience as a Supply Chain Officer or similar position
- Proven knowledge in the following fields: procurement, construction, stock management, transport management
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and organizational skills including the ability to work to deadlines, and priorities, pay attention to details, and ability to solve problems
- Proactive, autonomous, rigorous, analytical
- Willingness and motivation to work in an international and intercultural context
- High sense of integrity, rigor, and flexibility
- Coaching and capacity building skills of staff
- Good oral communication, writing, and reporting skills in English
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), Hausa and Kanuri is an added advantage.
N345,000 Salary Monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 31st July, 2022.
Note: There will be no opportunity for candidates to participate remotely in this exercise (Online test), there will be no need to apply if you cannot be physically available for the test