VAB Solutions is an IT company delivering expertise, integration and outsourcing, based on Microsoft infrastructure, business productivity, security and Cloud technologies. Established in 2017, with a team of experts with vast knowledge across the different IT domains, we are present in Lagos, Nigeria and with a growing number of staff.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Systems Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- B.Sc Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Microsoft/Linux based environments.
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Experience with automation software (e.g., Puppet, Ansible, Kubernetics)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP).
- Solid experience in networking – Cisco)
- Solid Cloud experience, preferably in AWS/Azure
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
At VAB Solutions, you will find a stimulating environment with exciting opportunities and plenty of variety to evolve your skills and lay a strong foundation of experience. Our promise to you:
- You will be respected.
- Your initiatives will be encouraged – we call this “intrapreneurship.”
- Your career and professional development will be our top priorities.
- You will be remunerated based on merit and performance.
- You will constantly learn, no matter how experienced you are.
- You will be treated equitably and without discrimination with respect to employment equity.
- There’s always room for you to grow at VAB Solutions – that is our commitment to you
Application Deadline 31st July, 2021.