Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
In Nigeria, SI supports Navanti to implement the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Support Activity which provides comprehensive MEL and Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) support to strengthen USAID/Nigeria’s results for increased learning and accountability and contribute to implementation of its Country Development Cooperation Strategy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Leader / WASH Specialist, Nigeria
- The primary purpose of this final performance evaluation is to determine whether the assistance provided by USAID/Nigeria through the E-WASH Activity achieved the stated development objectives, and to understand the lessons learned from this particular Activity in Nigeria, taking into account the findings, recommendations of the mid-term performance evaluation and the subsequent de-scoping of the E-WASH activity (see attached revised E-WASH SOW). It is intended to provide an independent examination of the overall progress and accomplishments of the Activity.
- The estimated start date will be October 1, 2021 through December 2021. The estimated LOE will be 52 days.
- SI is seeking a Team Leader who will be responsible for coordinating the activities of the evaluation team.
- The Team Leader will be responsible for the overall management of the evaluation, including coordinating and packaging the deliverables.
- The Team Leader will develop the outline for the draft report, present the report, and after incorporating USAID/Nigeria staff comments, submit the final report to USAID/Nigeria through DevTech Systems Inc within the prescribed timeline.
- The Team Leader will be working alongside three team members: Financial Analyst, Civil Engineer, and Evaluation Specialist. In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, the Team Leader will:
- The Team Leader will approve the final evaluation design, oversee the development of evaluation instruments, integrate the findings of team members, and coordinate preparation of the final reports.
- Provide leadership for the team and coordinate activities as necessary.
- Write the draft evaluation report with support from the team members, taking into consideration feedback from the preliminary findings presentation.
- Respond to USAID comments on the draft report and submit a final report to LSA.
- Work collaboratively with team members throughout design, implementation, analysis, and report writing to complement each other’s areas of expertise.
- Perform desk review and identify additional information required for analysis.
- Provide technical expertise and lead efforts in evaluation design, methodology, and data collection instruments.
- Schedule and interview key stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Coordinate team’s ongoing analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Lead the preparation and presentation of the key findings and recommendations to USAID/Liberia.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Hydrogeology, Hydrology, Water Resource Management, Environmental Engineering, with a focus on Utility Management.
- Minimum of ten years of professional experience in the WASH sector, with specific expertise in urban water supply and utilities, preferably in Nigeria;
- Experience in preparing persuasive technical reports and making verbal presentations, explaining issues in a clear and concise manner;
- Required oral and written communication and presentations skills in English;
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating across projects stakeholder groups and donor projects; and
- Demonstrated experience in sanitation and hygiene promotion in urban contexts in Africa;
- Demonstrated experience with WASH capacity building and policy reform, with preference to those with considerable working experience in Nigeria with institutions and civil society organizations in the urban water and WASH sectors;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Candidates are reviewed on a rolling basis, early submission is recommended
Application Deadline 16th September, 2021.