The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (formerly National Action Committee on AIDS) was established in February 2000 to coordinate the various activities of HIV/AIDS in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Advisor, Data Systems and Analytics
Employment Type: Contract
Supervisor: NACA DG
Duration of Contract: 12 Months
The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) has received funding from Global Fund for the period 2021-2023, in continuance of the pursuit of its statutory responsibilities for HIV/AIDS treatment, care & Support and strengthening of health systems in Nigeria by further addressing the gaps in the National HIV prevention and treatment program. A dedicated Project Management Unit (PMU) manages all grant-related activities.
- This exciting role will help develop new ways of looking at and analysing national HIV data to evaluate national response, monitor progress towards epidemic control and provide insights to support important decision-making.
- The Analyst will be responsible for extracting, transforming, and mapping HIV data into performance metrics and KPIs to support NACA’s mandate by providing technical guidance that will enhance the Agency’s capacity to integrate data in coordinating the national multi-sectoral response to the HIV epidemic.
- Extract, collect and transform multi-sectoral HIV data and prioritize analytics needs for evaluating key performance indicators for national response
- Leads data cleaning and preparation and translation of questions into relevant queries
- Work with all partners to ensure uniformity in reporting data for evaluating key performance metrics
- Mentor and build the capacity of NACA staff on data handling and analytics
- Advice the NACA DG on measures to strengthen data management systems for HIV/AIDS datasets
- Provide data management technical support to the IBBSS 2019; KP size estimates and any other surveys and surveillance activities during the period of this engagement.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Build dashboards, create data sets and effectively utilize statistical, data mining, visualization, machine learning, and/or deep learning techniques in delivering data science insights
- Assist responsible NACA departments in developing metrics for improved planning, monitoring and measuring impact of national response programs and interventions.
- Perform any other tasks that may be requested by the NACA DG.
Qualifications / Experience
- First Degree in Public Health, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Statistics or related fields
- Advanced degree in Public Health, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Statistics or related fields is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with using cloud services (AWS, Google, Azure) or Big Data tools (Hadoop, Hive, Spark) in data science solutions
- Proven ability to analyze data and understanding of how data analysis translates into policy decisions
- Working knowledge of advanced modelling techniques such as cluster analysis, structural equation modelling and hierarchical linear modelling.
- Demonstrable knowledge in artificial intelligence, machine learning, data science, and other relevant technical domains.
- 3 to 5 years working experience in mining and managing big data as a data analyst
- Experience leading analytics projects and ability to multi-task while prioritizing important deliverables
- Experience using data analytics and visualization tools such as Cognos, Alteryx Tableau, Qlik, Spotfire, PowerBI, or ThoughtSpot
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with data science tools, including Python, R, Scala, Julia, or SAS
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 15th November, 2022.