Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS, and we are making an impact. We are a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions. We carry out our values of passion, innovation, teamwork, leadership, integrity, excellence and equity every day, while maximizing our impact in the communities we serve.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer, Monitoring, Evaluation and Program Optimization
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Employment Duration: Full-time
Reports To: Program Manager, Nigeria
How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation?
- EGPAF currently supports a suite of pediatric and adolescent-focused HIV programs in Nigeria, primarily through technical assistance modalities. In early 2022, EGPAF will launch a new effort focused on optimizing early infant diagnosis and PMTCT services in Rivers and Taraba state.
- This effort will be grounded in the principles of program optimization which requires a continuous process of evaluation and analysis combined with ongoing demonstration of best practices and deficiencies, solution development, innovation, and implementation of improved interventions that enhance our impact.
- EGPAF is seeking a qualified, highly resourceful and dynamic Technical Officer to lead the program optimization and quality improvement elements of this PMTCT and EID effort as well as monitoring and evaluation.
- The primary function of this role will be to drive the program optimization / quality improvement stream within this project, including leading the conduct of a root cause assessment of EID services in supported sites, developing an optimization plan, regularly supporting the collection, management and review of program data, and training facility staff on EGPAF’s optimization approach.
- This position will work in close coordination with EGPAF’s Nigeria Program Manager, and will receive technical support in PMTCT and EID from the Technical Officer – PMTCT and EID.
- This position will also work in close coordination with and receive support from the EGPAF/Global Program Optimization team.
- This position will work very closely with facility based health workers, State Ministries of Health, State Agencies for the Control of AIDS, State Primary Health Care Development Board, Community based organizations, national and international partners and representatives from other normative agencies.
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect in this role?
- Substantially support and take leadership to design and implement an approach to program optimization for PMTCT and EID, aligned to the project goals
- Design and implement, with support from the EGPAF global team, a rapid assessment of PMTCT and EID services in Rivers and Taraba states
- Using the EGPAF-developed EID toolkit, design and implement proven strategies to optimize the performance and reach of EID services in the two states
- Lead and coordinate the design, implementation, monitoring and documentation of the program optimization initiative which includes process and root cause analyses, rapid cycles of learning and incremental optimization activities
- Represent EGPAF at relevant state –level fora, scientific and technical meetings.
- Provision of capacity building, hands-on mentoring, coaching and technical support to ensure quality improvement capacity at the state and facility level are implemented according to agreed approaches and work plans
- Establish structures for delivering QI activities at facility and state level; including QI management systems, QI teams, QI meetings, QI champions and QI dashboards.
- Be responsible for day-to-day implementation, monitoring and evaluation of program optimization initiatives in EGPAF-supported sites
- Lead the optimization of data use and generate activities using continuous quality improvement (QI) approaches that entail problem root cause analysis, rapid-cycle testing, evaluation of the impact of solutions, best practice institutionalization, and scale up.
To be successful, you will have:
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or Epidemiology will be an added advantage.
- A health related Degree from a recognized institution (Nursing, Clinical Officer, Medical, Health information systems, Epidemiology, Bioinformatics,) etc.
- At least 3 years of experience strengthening health systems with focus on M&E and CQI in HIV programs at state or federal level in Nigeria
- Extensive understanding of the HIV epidemic and response in Nigeria, including up-to-date knowledge of guidelines and key metrics
- Knowledge of global and national HIV prevention and treatment guidance and standards.
- Strong analytical skills with good problem solving skills & creativity, supported by good writing and data interpretation skills
Bonus points if you have:
- Familiarity with databases in use for the HIV program in Nigeria including Open MRS/NMRS, NDR, NOMIS, LAMIS, etc.
- Mid-level knowledge and experience using any of these software ODK, Tangerine, Excel, KoBo
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- As a global, multinational and multicultural organization, EGPAF believes that diversity in the workplace enriches our work and enhances our impact and effectiveness.
- We believe that employees have the right to work in a climate of mutual respect and integrity that promotes dignity and respect for all, and that enables them to reach their full potential.
- The Foundation is committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI&B), and we strongly encourage those with the following identities to apply: BIPOC ( black, indigenous, and other people of color), women and non-binary, LGBT+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender), individuals with disabilities, and other members of historically underrepresented groups.
- EGPAF is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- In addition to country law requirements, EGPAF complies with US laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
- The Foundation does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked to pay a fee at any stage of recruitment, please contact [email protected] .