Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Telecom Partnerships Lead, Partnerships Solutions
Locations: Johannesburg, South Africa; Nairobi, Kenya; Lagos, Nigeria
About the Job
- Partnerships Solutions is comprised of industry experts and Partner Managers across various industries that partner with multiple global business, partnerships, and product teams to provide dedicated backing to our global Priority Partners, incubate transformative ideas and enable and rally cross-functional teams towards new opportunities, accelerate partnerships and drive strategic initiatives, and engage with the broader ecosystem to bring the best of Google to solve industry challenges.
- As a Telecom Partnerships Lead, you will address the opportunities and challenges in Google’s relationships with African telecoms operator groups. In this role, you will have an opportunity for high-level visibility and impact, both internally and with a set of influential telecom operator partners and the broader telecom ecosystem, supporting and supplementing the efforts of Google teams in our relationships with the telecoms ecosystem in Africa.
- Set and execute our overall partnership strategy with the telecom industry and our largest, and most strategically important telecom operator partners.
- Develop executive relationships and align Google against the partners’ most pressing goals.
- Collaborate across teams to ensure a partner centric approach. Collaborate with and influence senior product leaders to build products and services that accelerate business goals.
- Identify key external challenges and new strategic partnerships that present significant opportunities based on partners’ strategic priorities.
- Represent Google externally at relevant industry events.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience within the African telecom industry.
- Experience working on or leading cloud strategies.
- Ability to maintain working relationships internally and externally across teams and organizations.
- Distinctive problem solving and business decision making skills.
- Experience executing complex strategic and operational initiatives.
- Ability to manage ambiguity, solve complex problems and scale effectively across a large and highly distributed organization.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter