Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organizations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We seek to recruit qualified person to fill the under listed vacant position below in response to our organizational growth:
Job Title: Triage Nurse – cART Team
Ref. No.: sfh-73703
Location(s): Abia, Gombe, Kaduna, Kano, Kwara, Plateau, and Oyo States (1 position each)
Job type: Full-time
Duration of Contract: Fixed Term Hire (11 months)
- The Nurse will be responsible for clinical triage, initiation of ART, PrEP and syndromic management of STIs and wound management at community level.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Provision of comprehensive triage (in-clinic and/or mobile) and clinical assessment services to clients resulting in safe and appropriate clinical decisions that reflect their healthcare needs.
- Initiate appropriate nursing interventions (e.g. first aid and emergency interventions) to improve client outcomes and secure the safety of clients and clinic staff, facilitate the triage process using clinical knowledge and appropriate interpersonal skills, demonstrating empathy and understanding.
- Work closely with the cART team in ensuring smooth implementation of community ART service delivery in the state.
- Conduct brief clinical assessments that determine the clinical urgency of the clients’ presenting health concerns and culminate with the allocation of a care category, which determines the time and sequence in which they receive services.
- Ensure timely and effective defaulter tracking, documentation, and appropriate referrals of patients.
- Contribute to the development of lessons learned from projects related to nursing component of HIV comprehensive services for Key populations.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or completion of an accredited Nursing programme.
- Must possess minimum of 3 years’ post-NYSC experience in nursing practice including the practice of triage
- Possession of advanced training in Nursing would be an added advantage.
- Experience in maintaining accurate computerized triage assessment records is an advantage.
- Previous experience in HIV/AIDS, TB or Malaria program
- Good knowledge of the concept of public health program in Nigeria
Skills and Competencies Required:
- Excellent skills in Clinical Nursing services.
- Experience with the clinical management of HIV, OIs and other related conditions, as well as community education, advocacy, and mobilization skills.
- Good relationship management/interpersonal skills, as well as interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work as a team member and be able to function independently on the job whenever necessary.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on patients’ medical records
- Ability to cope with stress and to organize and prioritize workload
- Can speak some local language in state of implementation
- Ability to Multitask and work with minimal supervision.
Compensation & Benefits
- The compensation package for these positions is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented young professionals.
- SFH offers professional opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration.
Application Closing Date
23rd June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
All applications will be treated in confidence. Interested persons without the minimum requirements need not apply.
We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SFH is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.