Unilever Nigeria Plc – Welcome to Unilever, a global multinational and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company with products sold in over 190 countries and more than 2 billion consumers across the world who use our amazing products everyday!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research & Development Assistant Manager, BPC
Job ID: R-33617
Category: Research / Development
Business Context and Main Purpose of the Role
- Supports the implementation of regional / local R&D elements of the Personal Care Category Program for both Formulation, Processing and Packaging development.
- Deliver activation and cost effectiveness of projects.
- Gives input for the development, together with local/ regional marketing, of a strategic vision and communication for regional / local consumer and technical needs.
- Support savings initiatives for enhancing product margins and reduce business waste
- Responsible for driving deploy excellence across the West Africa R&D organization through successful execution of the new product development process and launches. The role entails owning the Product, Process and Packaging Development process, and manages it to promote brilliant execution and maintain compliance to Unilever’s quality system and legal and regulatory requirements.
- Partner with other functions to identify value improvement projects(5S), develop and implement strategy, and assist in setting strategic technical direction.
- To be responsible for managing quality and product safety in the Operating Company, providing the link to the Supply Chain and Personal Care Deploy R&D.
- Assists or lead as appropriate/ agreed with the Personal Care Regional R&D Teams the seamless incorporation of new product technology/mixes into the Local Supply Chain.
- Implement (& proposes adaptations- only where local conditions dictate) regional/global technical specs of Raw Materials, Packaging Materials, Product and Process for Local Sourcing / Supply Chain, in consultation with the appropriate Personal Care Regional R&D Design Team.
- Assist in providing leadership for innovation projects, including such activities as collaborating to develop business cases, defining business and/ or technical requirements, and preparing detailed project plans and schedules
- Partner Local Market Activation in providing technical activation/promotional support for market introductions.
- Monitor Competitor activity, supporting Global Design and Regional Deploy with regional consumer needs and insights.
- Other Business Partners in MSO / Regional R&D and Project Team members.
- Supply Chain, respective and category function.
Relevant Experience and Key Skills
- Degree in Sciences, Preferably Chemistry / Chemical and Process Engineering
- 3-5 years technical experience from similar organizations.
- Professional networking/external focus.
- Strong IT skills
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Planning skills.
- Excellence in Science and Technology Expertise.
- Consumer / Customer focus.
- Project Management.
- Strong communication skills
- Works independently
- Rigour (attention to detail)
- Team player
- Sense for high quality work.
- Growth Mindset
- Bias for Action
- Accountability & Responsibility
- Consumer & Customer focus
- Team Alignment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply