The University of Benin Teaching Hospital was taken over by the Federal Government on April 1st, 1975 as the fifth teaching hospital coming after Ibadan Teaching Hospital and Lagos Teaching Hospital.
The Institution has been decisively responding to challenges as they arise, to the extent that the UBTH could boastfully say that it has effectively discharged its Mandate. For over forty years now, the Tertiary Referral Hospital, widely acknowledged as a Centre of Excellence, has remarkably and effectively served as the last port of call for expert management of diverse and varied disease conditions in Edo, Delta, part of Kogi and Ondo state which largely form its catchment area and sometimes further away.
Applications are invited from suitable qualified candidates for:
Title: Residency Training Programme
Location: Benin, Edo
Applications are invited from suitable qualified candidates for admission into the Residency Training Programme of the University of Benin Teaching Hospital in the following disciplines:
- Medicine (All Specialties)
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Child Health
- Chemical Pathology
- Medical Microbiology
- Morbid Anatomy (Histopathology)
- ENT, Head & Neck
- Mental Health
- Community Health
- Family Medicine
- Oral Pathology & Medicine
- Community Dentistry
- Emergency Medicine
- Pedodontics Paediatric Dentistry
- Radiation & Clinical Oncology
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Orthopaedics & Traumatology / Burns & Plastics
- Restorative Dentistry
- Periodontics Dentistry
- Oral Diagnosis & Radiology
- Candidates must possess the necessary academic qualifications and provisional registration with the regulatory bodies.
- Candidate for the post of Registrar II in any of the specialties must possess an MBBS Degree from a recognized University (by MDCN) plus the Primary Fellowship Certificate in the intended course of study.
- Candidates must have completed the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) or possess Exemption letter, whichever is applicable.
This is as applicable in the Federal Civil Service of the Federation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the Application Forms below. All completed Application Forms should be accompanied with relevant Credentials and submitted either by post or by hand at:
The Office of the Chief Medical Director,
University of Benin Teaching Hospital,
P.M.B. 1111, Benin City,
- The application form can also be obtained from Human Resources Division between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. week days only.
- Shortlisted candidates would be required to attend an interview on the date above in the Hospital’s V.I.P Lounge.
Application Deadline 11th July, 2022.
Interview Date 10:00 AM: 18th July, 2022.