We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Contracts Counsel – Sub-Saharan Africa
Job Number: 1902466
- BHGE has an interesting opportunity for a Contracts Counsel for Sub-Saharan Africa to join our team in Lagos.
- Advise, negotiate and draft commercial customer facing agreements across the Oilfield Services (OFS) Product Company, as well as sub-contractor agreements, and prepare associated documentation (financial guarantee; letter of intent; pre-bid agreement or confidentiality agreement).
- Update contracts database with entries for work performed and review status.
- Conduct contract training seminars for company sales personnel and other departments.
- The role could involve travels within Sub-Sahara Africa
- Handles special projects as assigned
- Liaise and work with the Contracts & Commercial teams of the OFS Product Company.
- Communicate with the sales and operations teams regarding contracting policies, procedures and processes.
- Resolve issues arising from existing and potential commercial relationships.
- Evaluate legal risks and provide advice regarding contractual risk issues; provide business-oriented solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law and relevant Law School qualification
- Minimum of 3 years related experience required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and make decisions
- Adherence to the highest confidential and ethical standards
- Experience in commercial contract review/drafting and negotiation or any related legal issues
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment
- Detail oriented and results focused
- Oil & Gas industry experience preferred.
- Knowledge of FCPA, Anti-boycott, Trade Sanctions & Export Controls
- Ability to speak multiple languages is a plus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter