Job Title: Accountant (Chartered)
Department: Administration & Support
Supervisor: Managing Partner/Practice Manager
- Responsible for the firm’s financial management function.
- Manages the accounts and ensures adequate financial controls.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Uses and is familiar with the Firm’s financial computer systems, manuals and procedures. Maintains and updates procedural manual as needed.
- Maintains adequate records of all transactions and ensures that transactions are posted daily / weekly (i.e. local banking transactions, receipts, cheque payments, petty cash transactions, fee notes, etc).
- Prepares the firm’s Partnership Accounts and Management Reports including monthly P & L and Balance Sheet.
- Conducts monthly bank reconciliation.
- Prepares the monthly Staff payroll and coordinates such matters with the Practice Manager.
- Responsible for the statutory deductions of PAYE Tax, Pension, Withholding Tax and VAT, and remittance to the relevant local authorities on a monthly basis.
- Coordinates / supervises the firm’s annual audit in collaboration with the External Auditors.
- Prepares a schedule of monthly fee notes and clients’ payment status.
- Maintains proper inventory of the Firm’s assets through the Fixed Assets Register.
- Maintains records of staff travel advances and compilation of un-retired advances at the end of each month.
- Prepares cheque payment vouchers and writes cheques for the Managing Partner’s signatures.
- Acts as an interface between the firm and its bankers.
- Assists in the Firm’s debt collection efforts. Ensures receivables are paid in a timely manner.
- Supervises the work of the Accounts Clerk.
- Performs cash management functions. Ensures Client accounts are properly funded.
- Acts as back-up to the Practice Manager.
- Any other responsibility assigned by line manager.
- Oversees and directs all general accounting functions, including chart of accounts and general ledger, cash receipts and accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, petty cash, bank reconciliation and client trust accounts.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate internal controls to safeguard assets, to ensure proper accounting of transactions and to promote operational efficiency within the Accounts Unit and throughout the law office.
- Prepares the firm’s annual budget and cash flow projections.
Qualification & Other Attributes
- Proficient with MS Office (word, excel, Power point) a MUST and knowledge of essential accounting software usage such as Peachtree, Sage, SAP, Tally etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- A graduate with back ground in Accounting.
- Minimum of 7 – 8 years core accounting duties with the ability to work without supervision.
- The Candidate must be an Associate member of ICAN or ACCA.
- Organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Reporting skills, deadline-oriented, time management.
- Reasoning ability, mathematical ability, and logical thinking skills.
- Problem solving and Effective time-management skills.
Salary and Benefits
- Proposed salary is net monthly N350, 000
- Other benefits include 13th Month salary, Health Insurance + Dependents, Mobile Phone & Allowance, Leave Allowance & Performance Bonus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using “LFA_the name of law firm worked in the past/current” e.g. LFA_Taiye Kehinde & Co. /Falana and Udoma & Co. as subject of application
Application Deadline 25th May, 2019.
Note: Chartered Accountants with prior experience in Law Firms will be invited for interviews.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter