We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: LNG Workshop Manager
- Managing workshop personnel and machinery for the effective and efficient repair and maintenance of trucks, trailers and equipment.
- Planning and scheduling job flows in accordance with operations’deadlines, clients’ delivery requirements and job priorities.
- Ensuring adequate use and maintenance of tools, equipment machinery, vehicles and materials in the workshop.
- Maintaining discipline and adherence of workshop personnel to company’s regulations at all times.
- Evaluating performance of workshop personnel and identifying training needs.
- Monitoring workflow, recognizing and anticipating problems affecting workshop operations and determining the best solutions.
- Striving to maximize productivity and minimize wastage in workshop operations.
Day to day Tasks
- Managing workshop activities: planning, assigning and reviewing all technicians in the workshop.
- Managing safety, ensuring all working areas are safe and all staff fully trained to do their job efficiently and safely.
- Managing staff: making recommendations regarding recruitment, discipline and promotion of employees, authorizing leave and overtime, advising staff on work related problems, evaluating and assessing employee performance.
- The Workshop Manager is responsible for producing a monthly service report of the work/breakdowns and tasks conducted by the workshop along with recommendations and feedback to the Head of Logistics.
- Providing leadership and supervision to reporting staff.
- Ensuring all equipments and assets are serviced and maintained in a safe. efficient and professional manner.
- Ensuring all workshop and plant operations are undertaken in a safe, efficient and cost effective & rofessional manner.
- Planning and producing preventive maintenance schedules.
- Monthly workshop report including breakdowns, amount of vehicles worked on, turnover time, fleet reliability and availability.
- Supervising daily activities such as truck repair and maintenance as well as proper performance and safet of all com an vehicles and e uipment.
- Setting up specific maintenance schedules for trucks and equipment.
- Developing job cards, ensuring that trucks are serviced and history recorded appropriately.
- Maintaining the highest quality standard for existing and future workshop operations.
- Promoting performance improvement and quality assurance programs in the workshop.
- Ensuring maintenance compliance with both international and national legislation and standards.
- Establish and maintain robust supplier management practices, including but not limited to, incoming receiving inspection and supplier quality development.
- Maintaining and setting up documentation and control procedures.
- Supervising technical teams in carrying out checks and tests.
- Determining relevant quality associated training requirements.
- Implementing systems to allow for effective delegation in the workshop.
- Planning, scheduling and follow up of regular, preventive and breakdown maintenance practices for all trucks and equipment.
- Developing and maintaining a motor vehicle and plant equipment register, keeping records of all maintenance activities.
- Manage and coordinate the safety and compliance of subcontractors engaged to operate within the workshop, office and plant.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Ability to direct and supervise personnel and coordinate workshop operations.
- Advanced knowledge of automotive mechanics and maintenance.
- A leader with strong organizational and management skills.
- Energetic, self-motivated and target oriented.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to operate all tools and equipment involved in vehicle repairs.
- Ability to communicate and resolve vehicle breakdowns.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: This position is opened to EXPATS
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter