Hamilton Lloyd and Associates – Our client, is a fully serviced legal practice firm established in 1980 and has over the last three decades earned a reputation of consistently exceeding expectations. Due to internal expansion, they are looking to hire a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Assistant – Legal
- The Executive Assistant shall provide essential support to the Managing Partner during / in-between legal cases
- He/she will provide both traditional administrative and legal support
- The incumbent shall represent the Managing Partner in a professional and congenial manner in person, in telephone conversations and in written correspondence.
Job Responsibilities (Legal)
- Case documentation must be organized efficiently. Legal executive assistants organize and track case documentation, making it easily accessible to team members who need it.
- Maintain Legal Databases – Legal executive assistants maintain the firm’s legal databases. They also use external legal databases as needed to gather more data for the case.
- Perform Research – Legal executive assistants perform legal research specific to the case currently being worked
- They gather information in an organized manner and present it to the managing attorney.
- Provide Administrative Support – Legal executive assistants provide general administrative support to the legal team. This includes organizing schedules, arranging meetings, and setting up travel arrangements.
- Write Reports – Legal executive assistants write legal reports based on the data gathered from research and initial interviews. They write clear and concise reports so that all involved parties can understand them.
- Organize and Track Case Documentation:
Job Responsibilities (Administrative)
- Read and analyse incoming memos, submissions and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies and maintaining records management database systems.
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records and reports.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
- Make travel arrangements, speaking engagement logistics, etc for executives.
- Type reports, memos, letters and other documents using word relevant computer software.
- Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages, when required.
- Record, type and mange meeting minutes.
- Manage visitors and determine whether they should be given access to specific individuals.
- A Degree in any relevant course from a reputable school.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience with a Law firm.
- Legal knowledge – legal executive assistants are knowledgeable in the type of law that their firm practices, applying it to specific cases
- Research skills – legal executive assistants are research experts, knowing where to look for new data and how to interpret it
- Project and case management experience – legal executive assistants are adept at managing the administrative aspects of a case
- Organizational skills – successful legal executive assistants are well organized, keeping track of everything happening
- Perceptive – legal executive assistants are perceptive, often finding details pertinent to a case that others may have missed
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their updated CV’s to: [email protected] with the title of the role as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 12th October, 2018.
- The body of the mail should outline Total years of relevant experience to the role, Location and Age.
- Please read Role necessities very carefully and apply if qualified
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted
- If after 2 weeks of application you do not hear from us, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter