Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages a productive industrial relations environment with staff and unions through the sound administration of awards and industrial agreements; co-ordination of the consultative process, co-ordination of legal advice and industrial advocacy attendance at IR Commission hearings; and consultancy to line managers.
- Prepares documentation in support of IR matters including lodgement of Agreements and other industrial instruments.
- Manages the disciplinary and appeal hearings process and related correspondence.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of IR and related Legislation.
- Maintains up to date position descriptions for all Centre positions and ensures current versions are stored on employee files and electronically on a HR database.
- Manages the recruitment practices for the Centre including the relationship with recruitment agencies and service providers.
- Maintains and updates the position vacancy information.
- Manages and monitors the recruitment and induction process of all Centre staff.
- Responsible for formatting and placing recruitment advertisements in all media for the Centre.
- Ensures that all new staff are inducted efficiently and professionally including the preparation and supply of recruitment, employment and induction support material.
- Works cooperatively with Senior Management Team members, to advertise and recruit all vacant positions within approved staffing levels.
Policies and Procedures:
- As directed, manages the development and implementation of all Human Resources policies and procedures consistent with best practice principles to ensure the Centre is promoted as a progressive modern employer.
Workplace Health & Safety:
- Monitors and manages the workplace health and safety strategies for the Centre.
- Performs the function of Floor Warden if required.
- Performs a monthly hazard check / audit of the main office and administration area.
- Ensures that the appropriate workers compensation forms are completed and submitted to the Company’s insurer within the stipulated time frames.
- Ensures that all workers compensation claims for the Centre including the claims review process with insurance representative are managed proactively, professionally and efficiently.
- Prepares and delivers appropriate training as required to the Centre employees, supervisors and managers.
- Ensures that the Centre’s training obligations by contract and the database which identifies the appropriate training qualifications and required renewals is maintained and up to date.
Human Resources Reporting:
- Provides and coordinates the Human Resources monthly report
- Provides ad hoc reports as required from time to time.
Human Resources Administration:
- Assists with tender preparation in respect of HR information when required.
- Manages the Human Resources Audit process bi-annually
- Ensures that the Infinium human resources information system is kept up to date at all times.
- Ensures that all Centre performance reviews are diarised and conducted on an annual basis.
- Other suitable duties as required and in line with the position competencies.
- Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations and Personnel Management, Communication, Psychology, or other similar degree.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and make deadlines.
- Demonstrates good judgment; approachable and professional; solid problem solving skills; ability to handle multiple tasks; self-motivated; well organized.
- Preferred Skills and Work Experience: Minimum of Five years work experience as an HR Generalist or Senior Generalist. Retail or Hospitality experience preferred.
- General knowledge of the principles and practices of personnel administration; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with peers and employees; ability to present information and make recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
- Proficient computer skills and working knowledge of the Internet.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 1st September, 2018.