Asset and Equity Group – We are a financial group of companies operating from Lagos, Nigeria. Our company has investment in Asset Management, Investment Banking, Real Estate, Foreign Exchange, Technology etc. The company is now seeking to recruit an exceptional Video Editor.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Video Editor Officer
- We are looking for a talented Video Editor to assemble recorded footage into a finished project that matches director’s vision and is suitable for broadcasting.
- Work with the current videographer
- Ultimately, as a Video Editor, you should be able to bring sight and sound together in order to tell a cohesive story.
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- Create rough and final cuts
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience
- Take a brief to grasp production team’s needs and specifications
- Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity.
- Photography when the need arises
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the video
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Ability to work under short deadlines.
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- B.Sc Degree in Film Studies, Cinematography or related field
- Proven work experience as a Video Editor
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Please include your portfolio or reels when applying for this position.
Application Deadline: 30th August, 2021.