DYGL Africa is a company that provides valuable learning resources in the form of professional and personal coaching, mentorship, products, and services to businesses, corporations and organisations of various sizes in Africa and beyond. We expect that with the right coaching, mentorship and learning resources, the capacity gaps observed in many businesses can be filled thereby increasing the odds of succeeding at achieving business objectives and organisational goals.
A core part of our company is our values. Our values at DYGL Africa aim to share our beliefs, personality, story and serve as internal ways to guide our actions and behaviours. We value courage, excellence, empathy, partnerships, and trust. As we expand and grow the media, communications and marketing aspects of our company, we seek individuals committed to our mission and values to join our dynamic team!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Volunteer Graphics and Web Design Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT) – Remote
- This role will be directly responsible for creating visual concepts, using graphic design tools and computer software (primarily, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator) to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, and captivate DYGL Africa’s target audience.
- This role will also be responsible for building the DYGL Africa eCommerce store, website design/redesign, email generation, and backend IT support.
- Similarly, a suitable hire will be expected to develop the overall layout and production design for banner, advertisements, brochures, magazines, reports etc.
- Collaborate with Management to conceptualize creative ideas based on DYGL Africa’s target audience.
- Develop graphic and motion illustrations and other designs using graphic software.
- Use the appropriate colours and layouts for each graphic
- Establish design guidelines, standards, and best practices.
- Maintain the appearance of websites by enforcing content standards.
- Design visual imagery for websites and ensuring that they are in line with the branding goal of DYGL Africa.
- Communicate design ideas using user flows, process flows, site maps and wireframes.
- Work with other team members to produce the final design
- Test graphics across various media and amend designs after feedback
- Execute periodic test and improving the design of the website.
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Excellent visual design skills.
- Up-to-date experience with international web protocols, standards, and technologies.
- Creativity and openness to new ideas with an adaptable and willing approach to new techniques.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Possess a good understanding of search engine optimization principles.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected]yglafrica.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- DYGL Africa is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on sex, religion, tribe, or region.
- Female applicants are encouraged to apply, and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview
Application Deadline 3rd June, 2021.