Dreams by dv8 is a luxury Hotel, Bar and Restaurant chain in the heart of Surulere, a new way to experience the city, a place for the curious and courageousto dig deeper, finding inspiration in every unscripted adventure with no guide books required.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Waiter / Waitress
Location: Surulere, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a skilled Waiter or Waitress to take orders and deliver food and beverages to our customers.
- The right Waiter / Waitress uplifts the dining experience for customers.
- We are looking for someone who will have the patience, personality and perseverance to thrive in this role.
- Providing excellent wait service to ensure satisfaction
- Taking customer orders and delivering food and beverages
- Making menu recommendations, answering questions and sharing additional information with restaurant patrons
- Greet and escort customers to their tables
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses
- Inform customers about the day’s specials
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
- Follow all relevant health department regulations
- Provide excellent customer service to guest.
- Offer menu recommendations upon request
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software,order slips or by memorization
- Check customers’ IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
- Serve food and drink orders
- High School Diploma; Food Safety training is a plus
- Must have 3-5 years work experience.
- Proven work experience as a Waiter or Waitress
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Active listening and effective communication skills
- Team spirit
- Flexibility to work in shifts.
- Hands-on experience with cash register and ordering information system (e.g. Revel POS or Toast POS)
- Basic math skills
- Attentiveness and patience for customers
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Picture to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 31st July, 2021.