Bellies Lounge is one of the new Lounge in town whose aim is to provide quality service and provide conducive relaxation environment. We are open to customer satisfaction through quality services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Waitress / Waiter
Location: Ajah / Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are currently looking for a skilled Waiter or Waitress to take orders and deliver orders to our customers.
- The right Waiter/Waitress will help uplift the dining and relaxation experience for customers.
- We are looking for someone who has the patience, personality and perseverance to thrive in this role.
- Waiter/Waitress responsibilities include greeting and serving customers, providing detailed information on menus.
- Multi-tasking various front-of-the-house duties and collecting the bill. Occasionally during weekends and holidays.
- Greet and escort customers to their tables
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
- Follow all relevant health department regulations
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses
- Inform customers about the day’s specials
- Offer menu recommendations upon request
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software, order slips
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
- Serve food and drink orders
- Provide excellent customer service to guests.
- SSCE / GCE qualification
- 1 – 2 years of work experience.
- Gender: available to all genders.
Requirements and skills:
- Proven work experience as a Waiter or Waitress
- Hands-on experience with cash register and ordering information system (e.g. Revel POS or Toast POS)
- Basic math skills
- Attentiveness and patience for customers
- Must be able to maintain good hygiene
- Must be tall and very presentable.
- Must be proactive
- Must have the ability to work under pressure
- Must be a team player
- Must be a cheerful person.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Active listening and effective communication skills
- Team spirit
- Flexibility to work in shifts
- High school diploma; food safety training is a plus
- Monday – Friday (shift, night, morning and afternoon).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 30th March, 2022.