Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WASH Engineer
Location: Monguno, Borno
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting To: WASH Program Manager
Department: Programmes – WASH
Level: Mid Level
Proposed Start date: July, 2022
- Ensuring that the technical activities are up to the AAH standards (WASH package) and WASH in Nut standard are followed by using AAH quality assurance tool kit
- Assisting the Line manager in the selection, design and construction of water systems, using ground water or surface water, including abstraction, storage, treatment and distribution for new systems or rehabilitation of existing systems
- Assisting in the preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly progress reports
- To support line manager in maintaining regular contact with local stakeholders including government ministries
- Coordinate with SPHCDA through the LGAs Directors for any wash activities to be conducted in the health facilities.
- Identification and sensitization of local artisans on various latrines designs and construction with signing of MOU in collaboration with stakeholders
- Developing inventory of trained artisans in each community including participating in vendors’ selection
- Building a data base of technical support projects and share with relevant stakeholders especially for eventual handover of facilities
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Water Engineering, Hydrology, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Building or other related fields
- Microsoft Office and designing software skills (AutoCAD, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word);
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited;
- Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri and English.
- Previous experience in supervising drilling and construction activities
- Capacity to be flexible and adaptable
- Three years relevant work experience
Remuneration and Benefits
- Starting Basic Salary – N366,604 Monthly (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 8th July, 2022.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply