Sahel Consulting Agriculture and Nutrition Limited (Sahel) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies, and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa, including in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, and Senegal.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Web Developer
Employment Type: Contract
The Web Developer will:
- Manage the overall architecture and use of the ALDDN monitoring and evaluation portal.
- Develop and manage the ALDDN portal and its technology components.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Develop user interface and experience for the ALDDN portal.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor, and upgrade security measures.
- Develop and manage all components of the ALDDN data collection mobile app.
- Work closely with the M & E team to coordinate tasks on the portal such as creating QR code-based farmer ID cards and milk cans.
- Serve as an advisor to the team on appropriate web application measures to implement in carrying out its daily operations.
- Organize training sessions with team members in using the portal.
- Knowledge of popular security measures like SSL, anti-malware protection, password security using bcrypt and SHA.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree qualification.
- Experience in Back-end and Database Development using PHP/Laravel, MYSQL
- Experience in graphic designing using, Photoshop or illustrator
- Experience in Git repository using GitHub
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] Please identify the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
- Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications.
- Sahel is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Application Deadline 16th March, 2021.