The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Welcome Assistant (National Position)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Reference No: ABJ202200267
Under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager, the Welcome Assistant helps ensure that welcome activities are organized smoothly including coordination of pick up/drop off for ICRC staff and guests, travel arrangements and accommodation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the Welcome department in all administrative activities as requested
- Participates in organizing pick-up and accommodation (hotel and residences) for staff and guests.
- Coordinate drop-off at / pick-up from/to office, airport (in case of commercial flight) and residences
- Interacts with relevant parties (Welcome department in Abuja, mobile staff, resident staff) regarding certificates, visas, permits, registration when it’s needed, etc.
- Ensure that delegation ID card get to new expatriate staff on mission.
- Keeps the Staff and Guest accommodation table up to date and send regular updates about the available rooms to the expatriate staff
- Give approval (or seek GL from management when needed) to the guard for them to let visitors enter the office
- Acts as the focal person for the reservation of Hotel halls for seminars purposes
- Provides supports or facilitates the personal purchases of the expatriate staff
- Ensure all ICRC staff sign the key register when provided with a key (being for office or residence)
- Supports the Admin and IM team during holiday and other absences
- Supports the Admin department with the management of the stationery
- Handles the internal Welcome database independently. Submit requests for approval and notify relevant parties when needed.
- Organizes Welcome package, briefing programs and tours of the Sub-delegation for new arrivals.
- Checks for accuracy of incoming invoices from hotels, Airtime company and prepare the documents before submitting to Finance unit.
- In charge of the reception of the Sub-delegation:
- Welcome guest, visitors and ICRC new-comers and provide initial guidance upon need
Education and Experience Required
- University Degree in Administration or a relevant field.
- 2 years in same experience
- Good analytical skills, detail-orientation and precision;
- Very good writing and reporting skills;
- Very well organized, with good planning abilities.
- Capacity to work within a team; Good inter-personal skills: ability to deal with people respectfully and showing empathy towards others, very good communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Desired profile and Skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Application letter and NYSC Certificate to: [email protected] using the “ABJ202200267 Welcome Assistant MIU” as the subject of the mail.
- In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current locatioon
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- Late application will not be considered.
- Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc.
- (Female candidates are encouraged to apply)
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 25th February, 2022.