UKEAS – The University of Dundee has over 16,000 students and 3,000 staff, representing around 150 different countries around the world, making us a truly global institution. We offer an excellent range of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degrees, with students learning from those on the cutting edge of their discipline. Our friendly campus, world-class teaching and fantastic facilities make us one of the best places to study in the UK.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: West Africa Recruitment Officer
Start Date: March 2021
- The post-holder will be responsible for identifying, delivering and monitoring student recruitment opportunities by contributing to the development and implementation of a recruitment strategy for target audiences in Nigeria and Ghana; raising the profile of the University of Dundee; and successfully helping to achieve outcomes which advance the University’s international strategy.
- The post will include attending student recruitment events throughout Nigeria and Ghana and online, developing relationships with key high schools, scholarship bodies and government departments, and proactive management of our existing network of agents in the region.
- The key objective of this post will be to increase significantly our matriculated student numbers for undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
- The post will be based in the UKEAS office in Lagos
- Organise and undertake recruitment visits across Nigeria (including Port Harcourt) and Ghana.
- Managing links with key partner schools to include conducting visits, advising students and maintaining excellent working relationships with staff.
- Working with the UK based marketing team on marketing campaigns within the West Africa region.
- Manage the University’s relationships in Nigeria and Ghana with scholarship bodies and government / industry.
- Provide high quality market intelligence enabling the identification of new opportunities to optimise international student recruitment.
- Identifying opportunities for the University to promote all programmes at all levels, including niche subject areas, across Nigeria and Ghana.
- To build, analyse and monitor student recruitment market developments in order to provide regular tailored updates to the University Global Engagement and Recruitment team.
- Advising prospective international students on their applications to Dundee.
- Support Dundee-based colleagues and senior academic staff in planning University visits to ensure maximum impact. As well as student recruitment trips these may include regional agent conferences and alumni events, including management of logistics.
- Monitor expenditure and ensure that activity is delivered within budget.
- Liaise with University of Dundee Global Engagement and Recruitment team in relation to the development and implementation of the international student recruitment strategy.
- Assist in managing and training education advisors acting on behalf of the University.
- Relationship and performance management of the university’s network of agent representatives in Nigeria and Ghana.
- Answering enquiries from agents and students in a prompt manner and supporting university applications.
- Other duties as required by Senior International Officer and Regional Lead.
- Graduate, preferably from a UK University (University of Dundee particularly desired)
- At least two years’ work experience in an education, sales or marketing environment
- Experience in recruitment of African students for UK higher education programmes (strongly preferred)
- Understanding of the general principles of UK Student visa regulations.
- Knowledge of the Nigerian and Ghanaian Higher Education systems.
- Significant administrative experience including the use of IT.
- Goal orientated and highly motivated with a flexible approach to work.
- Able to travel both within Nigeria and Ghana and overseas and to work non-standard hours when required.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English.
- Ability to work independently, taking a proactive approach, with minimal supervision. Excellent communication and presentation skills, and ability to form relationships and influence senior colleagues and stakeholders.
- Self-motivation, ability to manage high workloads, meet deadlines and the capacity to resolve work issues with limited assistance.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the UK, especially the UK’s Higher Education sector.
- Graduate of University of Dundee.
- Experience of working in university recruitment.
- Familiarity with Scotland and Scottish Higher Education
- Marketing experience.
- Staff supervision experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their full CV & Covering Letter in PDF as one document (not separately) to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as subject of the email.
- Interviews will be held two weeks after the closing date
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Expected start date is March 2021
Application Deadline 13th February, 2021.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter