George Houston Resources Limited (GHR) – Our client, a one-stop tech blog that simplifies tech and helps readers get the best deals on tech gadgets and software is seeking to recruit smart and experienced candidates to join its growing team in the capacity below:
Job Title: Tech Review, Product Specs and Buying Guide Writer
Location: Nigeria (Remote – Work from home)
Employment Type: Contract (Freelance)
Direct Reports: None
Reports To: Lead Editor
- The tech blog writes tech how-tos, reviews, buying guides, gadget & software tech specs and also write best gadgets, software deals and offers readers the option to set price drop alerts. Readers can compare gadgets and software specs to help them make informed buying decisions.
- The Tech Review, Product Specs and Buying Guide Writer will research and write gadgets & software specs. He or she will also write keyword-driven best product buying guides, gadgets & software reviews, and comparison guides.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct keyword research to find high-demand, low-competition keywords to target in posts
- Research and write gadgets and software specifications using Itechguide’s product specifications template
- Write simple, keyword-driven, easy-to-understand reviews for product specifications. Then link the product specifications to the product review.
- Write best product buying guides – list of best products targeting a specific keyword. Then add the relevant product specifications and deals to the buying guide
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computing or Information Technology
- 1-5 years work experience
- Previous experience publishing on WordPress
- Previous experience using Yoast SEO plugin to optimize content for SEO and Readability
- Past tech review, buying guides and product specifications writing experience
- Hands-on tech writing skills
- Ability to demonstrate past tech writing experience
- Knowledge of computers, smartphones, software like VPN, antivirus web hosting
- Create original content free of plagiarism
- Edit existing content to improve SEO and readability
- Write original, error-free reviews, buying guides and comparison guides that help non-tech readers make tech buying decisions
- Ability to learn new things fast
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to manage crisis calmly
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet required tight deadlines
- Ability to work virtually – not in a physical office environment
- Ability to set personal targets, stick to them and meet minimum set targets
- Honesty and integrity
- Commitment to write at least 10, 800-word articles weekly
- Every freelance writer has a chance to grow to a Lead Editor, editing articles and managing 9 writers. The Lead Editor role comes with a fixed monthly pay and outstanding leadership skills acquisition.
- Payment per word for all approved and published content is made on the second day of the month
Deadline: 27th February, 2021.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter